Friday, December 30, 2005

Almost Time!!!!111one

Sorry about the um... NOT pics of anything thus far. I've been too busy to worry about getting pics of my ugly town up, haha. I'll try to have lots of Japan up on here, as that's one of the main purposes of this page. I only have 3 more days in Louisiana before I head out of here for Japan! It's quite exciting, though I've been such a slacker lately about getting ready. I have everything I need, but it's not all packed and such. I still need to just get my contact information from people kind of consolidated before I leave.

I now know I'll be living in Kokubunji-shi in the western Suginami-ku (ward) of the Tokyo Metro area. It lies between Tachikawa and Ogikubo, for anyone familiar with the territory at all. I shouldn't be far from the Nishikokubunji-eki (train station) on the JR Chuo Line which eventually crosses the Yamanote Line and disects the metro area. It's unfortunate that I'll be located quite far from my friend from Louisiana, Mark, but I will be at least on the *side* of Tokyo that the school is located in, which is Shinjuku. I know it will be crowded there, but at least the crowds shouldn't too adversely affect the traffic, since I'll be on the super-reliable Japanese trains, instead of the insane post-Katrina Baton Rouge street traffic, which is enough to drive one to just commit seppuku. I only am regretting that I haven't been studying my Japanese like I should have.... At least I won't have a choice but study/practice it in a few days, heh heh. "Excuse me, but where is the bathroo..... shucks... 'Sumimasen, otearai-wa doko-ni arimasu ka?'" Heh... That's too simple of an example, because nothing is ever that easy in life of course. It'll be more like, "Well of course, when one is contemplating the relation of these elements according to new ideas of quantum physics, it's clear that.... shucks... '.........eeetttooooo...... shiranai...' (um..... I dunno...)."

I've got a couple new GameBoy Advance games to bring with me and a few books to read when I get bored late at night at my dorm, since I won't have a PC or TV to stare at usually. I'm sure homework will keep me somewhat busy as well, but I really want to meet some people and hang out whenever I can during most of the day. After all, what's the point in going somewhere like this just to sit in your room all the time? Ah well, about time for me to head to sleep because I've gotta visit the folks in the morning and still finish packing up, and then of course stare at some Japanese vocabulary and such for a while. I might post again in America, but most likely will not post again until at Mark's house in Yachiyo-shi, in Chiba Prefecture. Sayounara!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck in Japan, Zack!

1:18 AM  
Blogger ザック said...

Thanx Teena!

1:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Zack, thanks for including us on your links! Love your site, especially admire the Japanese version. Looks like you are living out part of your dream. Can't wait for more posts and pics!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home