Sunday, January 08, 2006

Pictures!


Hey everybody! I finally got pictures hosted. I have a good video clip, but I have failed many times this morning to get them up. Anyway, I've had an eventful two days. On Saturday, I spent the afternoon at Naritasan, checking out Omotesando Street, Naritasan Park, and Shinshoji Temple. It was crazy there, with people all over the place. It may have been some sort of special holiday there or something, but there were monks at the temple, seeming to offer blessings to people, and there was food EVERYWHERE. It smelled sooo good. The water in a lot of the areas there was still frozen and this was late afternoon, so it was quite cold.
Pics of Shinshoji: http://www.hova.org/gallery/Shinshoji-Temple-at-Naritasan,-Japan
Pics of Naritasan Park: http://www.hova.org/gallery/Shinshoji-Park
Pics of Mark's town, Yachiyo: http://www.hova.org/gallery/Yachiyo

Last night, we were out pretty late in Tokyo. Mark wanted to meet his girlfriend Yuki near the Tokyo Dome at the amusement park, but didn't want me to be left out, so he had her bring her friend Michiko with her. We had a lot of fun riding rides, getting some good food, and being silly. We went in a haunted house, rode roller-coasters, and made fun of Japanese comedians. It was really nice meeting them, so now I have a friend in Japan that I can probably exchange language with and hang out with sometime. Mark sort of treated it like a date, so I let him and Yuki talk and I talked in half-Japanese half-English back and forth with Michiko the whole time. We stayed at some Japanese restaurant 'till closing that was off on some side street, before having to catch the trains back home. It was a shame the night had to end, but it was late, we were tired, and it was cold. In the pics, Yuki has the hat on. The video I'm still trying to upload is from when they had the Japanese music and dancers, and of course I put the camera on us too. Hopefully I'll get it on here eventually, but if not, it's still on my camera, so all's not lost yet.
Pics from Suidobashi: http://www.hova.org/gallery/suidobashi

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Zack,
The pics of Shinshoji are great. We haven't been out there yet so I'll have to put it on our to do list. Glad to hear you're having a good time and meeting new people, despite the cold.

later,
Mike

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home