Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Warm Weather... For a Day

As the title suggests, today the weather was actually *almost* warm... but it will only last one day. We'll be back to the usual coldness tomorrow. It's a little bit colder where I am because though I live in Tokyo, I'm in the Tama area, rather than the central 23-ward area, so I'm up there getting away from the ocean and into the mountains. BIG NEWS people.. if you look over to the right in my "links" section, you'll see the "Picture Gallery" link, so all the ones I've uploaded to my friend's server are there for you to check out. At the moment, there aren't any new photos there. I'll probably toss up a couple of random shots from life up here on the blog from time to time of course. Speaking of photos.. one thing odd that sucks in this country is that you can usually NOT take photos if you're in a place. It's forbidden in most places like stores or arcades or whatnot. Oh well, just gotta use the spy skillz. I had my horrendously long midterm today from 1:30 to FIVE, but I survived. I couldn't believe the retarded couple of kanji I messed up on it though, my GOD... I know I screwed up the one for "warm, but not warm air" and I got the ones for "park(recreational)" and "wide; spacious" mixed up like a freakin' idiot. If you know Chinese or Japanese, you'd see why I did that. Oh well.. such is life sometimes. I just know so many that well they get jumbled.. hahaha. I do know a boatload.. but I have many more to go, sadly. I like kanji though.

School is kind of a pain in the (insert body part here) this week, but eventful. We just had this test, and now tomorrow I get to meet some of the people in the US Program way the heck up north of Ueno(a northeastern part of Tokyo) BY 7:45am to visit a sumo beya. That's freakin' cool, but um..... that's going to be like a 1.5 or 2 hour trip possibly.. I dunno. Anyone who's made the trip, let me know in the comments. I'm riding the Chuo-sen from my place out here in Nishi-Kokubunji, which is relatively close to Tachikawa, then switching to the Yamanote-sen in Shinjuku and riding it around the northern half of the loop to juuust before Ueno. After that, I get to go back to Shinjuku for morning class, and then after lunch go to normal class with my most boring teacher for a good 3.5 hours. Saturday, I have a morning culture class that talks about the place we're spending the weekend at next weekend. It's just one of those weekends, I suppose.

My friend Mike has a birthday party on Saturday at a MASSIVE club in Shibuya, but I'm torn because I really really want to go to this amusement/games expo in Makuhari that day. I'm still not sure what to do. I gotta be kinda cheap as the money well isn't flowin' like it used to, lol. I want to have enough money left over for the end of the trip so that I can do some fun things while hangin' out with Mark before I leave. I also obviously am still planning to go to Kamakura. I guess whenever I get cabin fever, I'll hop the train one stop over to the bigger station in town and hit the cheap(ish) arcade for a bit and stomp some Japanese tail at some fighting games(I actually hung in there the other day, unbelievably. I had the guy whipin' the sweat from his brow, haha).

Alright, that's it for tonight I suppose, 'cause I have to wake up so early. See you folks later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home